Questions to be asked of new members joining the International Presbyterian Church:
- Do you know that God exists as a personal God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and acknowledge that Jesus Christ was God in the flesh?
- Do you acknowledge that you are a sinner, not only in thought, word and deed, but in your very nature; thus if God were to judge you as you deserve he would have to condemn you?
- Do you know that when Jesus Christ died on the cross, he paid the penalty for your sin and did everything necessary to make you right with God?
- Do you know God’s promise that “he who believes on the Son has eternal life”, and have you personally repented of your sin and trusted Christ as your saviour, so that you can say without presumption that you are now a child of God?
- Do you intend to serve Christ and to make him lord over every area of your life, realizing that this may be costly and that you will need to depend daily on God’s strength?
- Do you recognise the authority of the elders and are you willing to accept their discipline if that should ever be necessary?
- Do you promise to support this congregation by prayer, giving, and caring practically for individuals?
- Do you commit yourself to fostering healthy relationships in this congregation, recognising that this includes the stifling of gossip and the expression of any criticism in a positive and humble way to the person concerned?